Hours: Full-time - 37.5 hours per week, 9.00am - 5.30pm
Location: Office-based (2A Belsham Street, E9 6NG)
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Contract: 12 months
Digital Mums is a young company looking to make a big impact over the next few years. Maternal unemployment has skyrocketed over the past ten years and the trend is showing no signs of improvement. Astronomical childcare costs and a lack of part-time work are keeping women with children out of the workforce. Many mums who are working are forced to work full time when they’d much rather have a better work life balance.
This means a wealth of untapped talent exists at a time when the UK faces a crisis in its workforce. Britain’s digital economy will need an additional 750,000 suitably skilled workers by 2017 if it is to maintain its current rate of growth and if we don’t find these people the skills gap will cost the UK economy £2bn by 2018. This is where we come in. Digital Mums are a new approach to digital staffing, solving both of these problems with one solution. We equip this untapped pool of talented women with in demand digital skills and match them with businesses who need access to skilled part time freelancers. We were recognised by Nesta and The Observer as one of Britain’s most radical and disruptive businesses as part of their New Radicals awards in 2014 and have been featured in The Guardian, Telegraph and Huffington Post. Our Co-Founders also won Red Magazine’s Women of the Year award in 2016.
What we need
We have recently moved into our first dedicated office space, and we need a friendly, enthusiastic Office Manager to ensure that we are running smoothly and providing a great space for our team to work in. In addition to this our Co-Founders Nikki and Kathryn are incredibly busy and now need expert PA support to enable them to focus on growing the business.
1. Ensure the efficient management and upkeep of the physical space including:
- Being the first point of contact for all DMs office suppliers including local council, utilities, cleaners, mobile phone supplier, internet services etc;
- Ensuring that the office is kept well stocked in terms of stationery, kitchen and other supplies;
- Being the first point of contact for the team if they are experiencing any issues at the office with IT / internet etc;
- Ensuring that repairs and maintenance in the office are carried out where necessary;
- Ensuring the team follow health and safety procedures;
- Managing meeting room bookings;
- Ensuring that post is distributed;
- Monitoring DMs recycling scheme and ensuring that it is being used properly;
- Ensuring that the team are connected to the printer (via IT support as necessary);
- Ordering other equipment / furniture for the office as required.
2. HR support
- Supporting the Operations Manager with administration around staff including
- New starter administration - setting up email and Slack profile;
- Organising keys;
- Arranging order of phone / laptop where relevant;
- Ensuring new team know procedure with alarm system;
- Providing an induction to the office space for new starters.
3. Provide administrative, co-ordination and support services to the CoFo’s including:
- Email correspondence;
- Diary management;
- Organising meetings;
- Organising and booking travel;
- General administration and ad-hoc requests as needed.
4. Finance support
- Issue petty cash on receipt of authorised petty cash claims and reconcile petty cash balance at the end of every month.
5. Events support
- Support the Operations Manager with organising team events, including Summer and Christmas parties.
Practical experience of setting up, implementing and maintaining effective and efficient administrative systems;
Experience of working as an Office Manager / PA;
Experience of setting up and maintaining effective and efficient administrative systems.
Excellent attention to detail;
Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
Flexible, with the ability to work on own initiative;
Proactive, organised and methodical;
Comfortable working in a dynamic start-up environment where things are constantly changing;
Tech savvy - able to get to grips with using G Suite, Google Hangouts, Slack, Salesforce etc (and ideally experience of using some or all of these);
Able to build great relationships both internally and externally.
Upbeat and positive;
Great sense of humour;
High level of professionalism.
Please send your CV with a covering letter explaining how you meet the job spec, to email@example.com
Deadline is Friday 5th May.