Digital Mums has partnered with Studio.co.uk to give 20 mothers the opportunity of a lifetime - a brand new career in social media marketing.
Who are Studio.co.uk?
Studio.co.uk is the nation’s leading multi-range value retailer, stocking more than 63,000 products ranging from clothing and electrical to household and gifts.
Why this partnership?
We have partnered with Studio.co.uk to give women who are struggling to re-enter the workplace, and don’t have access to our vocational training, the opportunity to retrain to become social media marketers. This links directly to our social mission to support women most disadvantaged in the labour market.
Studio.co.uk is equally passionate about supporting women that have left the workplace to upskill. Managing Director, Paul Kendrick, commented:
“We interact with thousands of mums every day and we know this is a group that is often underrepresented when it comes to investment in upskilling, especially those who have left the workplace.
“As a digital-first business, we are committed to digital development, so this partnership is a natural step in that direction, helping to equip savvy women with the digital skills needed for modern work.”
Who is eligible to apply for this opportunity?
This comprehensive course starts on the 17th June finishes on November 10th. We are looking for women that would otherwise not be able to access our vocational training courses.
The stipulations are:
- You must have been out of the workplace for at least 2 years (maternity leave counts towards this).
- You must not have experience in a previous or relevant field because we are looking to give women a completely new career in a new industry. Previous or related fields include marketing, PR, communications, journalism or advertising.
- You must be able to commit 10-15 hours per week to the training.
- You must be able to fit with the timings of the course (see below).
You must be available to:
- Start the course on 17th June.
- Attend two in-person training days 9:30am - 4:30pm on July 8th and 9th
- Study in August (however there will be a 2-week break in the course in August 19th - 1st September for holidays).
Students will be running real social media campaigns in their local community on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. They will run a community campaign with a focus on one of the below areas so students would ideally demonstrate a passion for one of the following:
- Fashion | whether it’s how to look stylish on a budget, how to wear the latest trends or being passionate about plus-sized fashion it’s up to you how you spin it.
- Beauty/make up/hair | this could be anything from beauty hacks for busy mums to beauty for the over 50s.
- Interiors/homewares | a great option for anyone that loves their home.
However, despite these being the only stipulations we particularly welcome applicants that face additional challenges where the opportunity to study with us would be life-changing. This includes:
- Mothers in low-income households.
- Mothers suffering from disabilities that mean remote and flexible work are a great option to help them back into the workplace.
- Military wives that have to relocate frequently, where a career that can be done remotely helps them into secure employment.
- Mothers living in areas of the UK facing disadvantage and low employment rates where remote working can open up job opportunities previously unavailable*
- Mothers over the age of 50 who have sacrificed a career to bring up their family but whose children have now left the family home.
*we can provide travel and accommodation expenses for women that are in financial hardship.
If you’re interested in applying but would like to know more we will be hosting a webinar on Tuesday 21st May at 1pm to give you an opportunity to find out more:
On this webinar we will walk you through the training in detail and answer all your questions. Don’t worry if you’ve never joined a webinar before it’s really easy. Just click here to register and then you will be sent a link to join the webinar live. If you can’t make the live webinars don’t worry, register anyway and even if you can’t tune in live, we will email you a recording afterwards.
If you’d like to apply to join this cohort then please start by reading the terms and conditions which you can do by clicking here. This is important as you will need to confirm that you have read these when you complete the application.
If you’d like to go ahead and fill out the application then please just click here. Please note that your answers will not automatically save if you exit the screen. So we recommend going through the questions, writing out your answers in a Word Document, and then copying and pasting them into the application when you're ready (and don't forget to proofread it).
Please note the deadline to submit your application is 6pm on 28th May.
*** Please be aware that the deadline for applications has passed and all successful applicants have been informed.***